Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Toonami needs new anime!

Ever since Toonami came back I've been slightly disappointed. T.O.M. is great, he's that type of guy (or robot) that you would hang out with and have a couple beers with. Some of the shows are great too, but there are others that lack that Toonami feel. In other words the Saturday night block is not at it's best. I have a couple of gripes with Toonami right now (like a 12am start when should start at around 10pm or 11pm), but I will only pick on one. That's why I took it upon myself to make a list with some potentials Toonami could add to the block.

Before I start this list I want to make it perfectly clear that I know the Toonami segment of Adult Swim is on a tight budget and they don't have much leeway in terms of shows. I am making some hypothetical choices some will be plausible and some will not be.

Here's the list:



Eureka 7 AO
  •   Eureka Seven AO (Hypothetically)- This series is perfect for the block. This can take Eureka Seven's place after its done, and will be the perfect follow up for fans who watched the series years ago. The problem(s) is that it might seem too soon to start it right after Eureka Seven ends, and there is no news on dubbing it in English yet. 
  •  High School of the Dead (Reasonable)- Why was this never shown on Adult Swim? It has an English dub already, there is audience for it, and its perfect for a late time slot. 
  • Guilty Crown (Hypothetically Reasonable)- It's has an Eureka Seven feel but there is enough original content in it so it can't be labeled a clone. No word on an English dub for this but I wouldn't be surprised if they already started and didn't tell anybody. 
  • Basilisk (Reasonable)- Yes, this is an old anime, but its a good one. It's better for a later time slot. 
  • Sword Art Online (Hypothetically Reasonable)- All this needs is an English dub and it will be complete. This could be a good headliner show for them. 
  • Sword Art Online
  • D. GrayMan (Reasonable)- Why is this not on adult swim? I know I already asked that question but this would seem like a good fit. It's a 100 episode series, and it's already in English. What are you waiting for! 
So yeah, that's my list. Not to bad if I say so myself, but you may have a difference of opinion. Comment below and let the debate commence. 

1 comments:

You are aware that they have stated several times that since Toonami was brought back on a whim (so to speak), there is zero budget for acquiring new shows?

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More