Thursday, November 1, 2012

Speed Racer Lawsuit & Disgaea Teaser

The teaser trailer of Disgaea Dimensions 2 is now up online. The game takes place 10 years after the events of the last game. It comes out in Japan in March 2013 on the PS3, no word on a North American release.
There seems to be some bickering going on. Something about who's going to be the main character or something. 

I haven't played any of the Disgaea titles, but I am a fan of JRPG's (believe it or not). I'm have to give these a try just so I know what I'm getting myself into.

Disgaea Dimension 2's Teaser Trailer StreamedDisgaea Dimensions offical game site

In sadder news..........

Tatsunoko Studios filed a lawsuit on three members of the American licensing company Speed Racer Enterprises (SRE). The studio accuses the member of exploiting the Speed Racers rights after the ten year license had expired. Tatsunoko wants $1 million in damages from all three members. This isn't the first time SRE was in legal, about 9 years ago DiC Entertainment sued SRE accusing it of sub-licensing the world-wide exploitation rights for Speed Racer to DiC, to then disavowed it a year later.

Oh No! Another Lawsuit! (in speedy's voice)
This is one of this cases where a studio and a licensee can really ruin a franchise. I hope this get's settled quick, because if this goes sour I can only imagine. These types of things always seem easy to solve but people don't want give up money, they believe they were doing the right thing, etc. I'm not going to put to much opinion on this since I have really seen the case myself, nor do I plan to the read the damn thing. I just hope for the best, and pray I don't hear a recall on all speed racer watches (you know the one that came with the animated movie back in the 90's).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More